Table of Contents
Getting Started with mAirList
This article will give you a quick overview of the mAirList Radio Automation (version 6.3) and will help you to get started with the software.
Download and installation
Software downloads are generally available here: http://www.mairlist.com/en/download/
You will find that there are usually multiple releases to choose from. If you are new to mAirList, please choose the newest version which is not marked as “beta” or “development”. At the time of this writing (May 2020), the latest stable release is mAirList 6.3.
For each release available on the download page, you will find a couple of download links:
- Setup: This is the recommended download, a regular Windows installer that will install the software under
C:\Program Files (x86).
- Zip: An alternative distribution for advanced users that does not come with an installer, but which is simply unzipped anywhere on your hard disk. One important difference is that the setup version uses a central location for storing the configuration files (the folder recommended by Windows, typically inside
C:\ProgramData), while the zip distribution stored the configuration inside the program folder. This makes it very easy to deal with multiple configurations, but you should never extract the zip distribution inside a Windows special folder, including
C:\ProgramFiles, because mAirList will not have write access to its configuration then due to the UAC.
- Changelog: Link to a text file that describes all changes in the latest version.
- Snapshot: Snapshots a preliminiary version, usually released every few days, that include bug fixes or minor improvements for testing. The link will take you to a folder with a setup package, zip distribution and changelog text file.
- Older versions: If, for any reason, you must go back to an older version of this release, you will find it here.
As a beginner, just download the setup and run it.